On April 27, 2019 we made history as we welcomed Guam into the Central Pacific District!
Guam Christian Alliance Church has been working through the process of joining the Alliance for about a year. A Mandarin speaking Chinese church of about 60, GCAC joins us as the 20th Chinese church in the CPD.
Saturday, April 27, 2019 was the induction ceremony, including many local pastors and lay leaders. Rev. and Mrs.Tony Tsang of San Mateo, and KC Wong joined us as we inducted this delightful and vibrant church into our family.
After the service on Sunday, April 28, was a baptism in Tumon Bay. A true time of celebration as those being baptized and those doing the baptizing walked into the bay singing "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus."
Get to Know Guam!
- Guam is located in the Northwest Pacific Ocean
- Guam is an organized territory of the United States
- Guamanians get American citizenship by birth
- Since Guam is a US Territory, it's not considered a mission field by the Alliance
- Guam is known as the "Island of Warriors"
- Guam is located approximately 7,000 miles from the US Mainland
- The official languages of Guam are English and Chamorro
- Guam is approximately 30 miles long and its width varies between 4 and 12 miles at various points
We are The Central Pacific District - Northern California, Nevada, Utah Hawaii, and Guam!
The Christian & Missionary Alliance is committed to walking with our churches and helping them to thrive.
...to assist and support our churches and leaders to fulfill their own vision while working together to fulfill our common Acts 1:8 vision as C&MA churches for both local and global impact.
...is to facilitate and teamwork among our district churches and their leaders to create true synergy. We can do more for the cause of Christ together than we can do alone.
We are Christ’s Church – His chosen means to fulfill His purposes on earth. Here at the Central Pacific District we talk a lot about the value of “together” when it comes to what we do and why we do it. There is incredible value in being part of a larger family. We know that together we can accomplish more for the cause of Christ than we ever could alone.
Why become a member church?
- We help connect your church to worldwide missions through the Great Commission Fund and missions programs.
- We provide both spiritual and legal accountability and covering in these days of cultural shifts and challenges. In this day of changing laws, morals, values and attitudes, attacks on the church are only going to increase. The vulnerability of independent churches is also increasing.
- Our pastors are not alone. We will walk with you when times are tough and rejoice with you in time of blessings. We can connect you to resources and other pastors to help you accomplish more by providing:
Help in times of trouble
- The C&MA has resources to assist you with church expansion. This could include property, staffing, programs, finances and other needs.
- You become part of a larger family with resources that only a family can give.
We are committed to walking alongside our new church in Guam and helping them thrive! And we've made it official by adding them to our CPD logo. See a sneak peek below!