The Central Pacific District of the Christian Missionary Alliance is looking for an Executive Assistant who will serve with the District Superintendent and help implement the vision and direction of the District. This person will provide oversight and execution of all the administrative, management, and organizational aspects of the district, both within the district office and also in relationship to the district constituent churches, official workers, and ministries.
This is a full time, salaried position with regular working hours Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Can you imagine yourself in the following position?
You are part of a small team that works alongside the District Superintendent to fulfill his primary mission of supporting the pastors, official church workers and the churches within the Central Pacific District. You have a position of decision making and responsibility but do so in concert with the District Superintendent. You will learn his style and be able to implement his vision for the District, executing and enacting what needs to be done. You will interact with pastors and leaders across the District, helping them access the resources they need to be successful in their ministries, and encouraging them as they serve.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ and lives their life in a Christ-like manner
- Loves people and has a desire to serve them
- Is a person of integrity and can maintain confidences
- Gets stuff done on their own…but can still be a member of a team and stay accountable to the District Superintendent.
- Knows what is socially appropriate and what’s not, both online, offline, and on the phoneline
- Can intelligently research, write, and communicate their ideas or explanation of a topic
- Asks good questions
- Listens and evaluates the context of a situation before contributing to the conversation
- Consistently offers encouragement and support both to the team at the District Office and members of the constituent churches
- Is flexible and able to work in a busy, relational work environment
- Has a solid working knowledge of all tools related to the job description including, but not limited to appropriate computer programs, office systems and equipment.
- Has strong editing skills
- Has good research skills
- Is able to work in a multi-cultural environment where the constituency increasingly reflects the diversity of the regions we serve
- Desires to be a long-term team member that we can invest in
A few other things you’re probably curious about:
- Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Sick time and vacation
- Health insurance and a 403(b) for all eligible employees
- Relocation to the Woodland, California area will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Education & Technical Skills
- Minimum 5 years of administrative, management and organizational leadership in a related type of organization
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc)
- General administrative skills
- Comfortable and good with technology, not afraid of learning new technology/software
- Digitally savvy, familiar with working online
- A working knowledge of the Christian and Missionary Alliance is a plus
If you think you are a good fit for this position, convince us. Tell us about yourself. Use your words. Please don’t just send us that same resume you’re sending everyone else. Tell us your story. Tell us what you’ve done, why you did it, how long you did it, what you liked best, and what you liked least. Send your story along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.